The aim of PRESSENSAVE (Press to ENergy SAVErs) is to provide the projects funded and currently running under the EU Energy programme with a new powerful tool capable of enhancing and maximizing the media visibility of the results achieved, the new products realized and research carried out.
Our main objectives in the project are the following:
PRESSENSAVE attempts to achieve the fundamental goal of a global indicative community target of 18% of electricity consumption from co-generation by the year 2010.
- Offer running and future renewable energy project consortia an electronic, easy to access, on-line tool (Virtual Press Office) for implementing their capability of gaining visibility to the project achievements on national and international media.
- Create a powerful intermediary service between the dissemination needs expressed by the projects funded under the Energy and R & D programme, and the media.
- Provide “Energy Savers” consortia with an on-line tool that helps and assists them in defining a communication plan and the most appropriate strategies to promote the project results and achievements through the media.
- Deliver a tool that can foster stimulation of international co-operation providing an increased visibility to researchers of the benefits coming from international co-operation under FP6 and FP7 funded programs, stimulating those academy’s and private companies that haven’t experimented this form of funding for their research to try it.
- Provide the “Energy Savers” projects and their researchers with a powerful tool enabling them to support, speaking out with a louder voice, policy development according to their specific views and needs. PRESSENSAVE provides the “information arena” a new channel for researchers to bring their opinions to a wider institutional level and have thus broader possibilities to influence the local, national as international policies in the sector.
- Offer Energy project the possibility of getting visibility not only in their specific country of action but also in those European target countries where spreading information about their results produced could be more beneficial to their exploitation purposes. All European countries can be reached in terms of Press Releases distribution.
- Offer the mainstream and specialized press a critical mass of news coming from results achieved by projects financed with tax payers money, that currently doesn’t reach them, by introducing a new channel that is able to collect, sort and prepare this specific universe of information in a professional “ready to use” format. The aim is also to “give back” to the community the results of what has been achieved thanks to funds spent for innovation in the Renewable Energies sectors.
- Offer a Public Administration (in this case the European Commission) a new and powerful tool for enhancing the dissemination of information of its efforts to modernize the European society.
Our project provides the dissemination of the research results in new technologies for renewable electricity, eco-buildings, renewable heating and renewable energy supply to an extended and broad public.
The definitive goal of PRESSENSAVE is thus to help project consortia to communicate their research results through mainstream European media.
PRESSENSAVE doesn"t substitute the dissemination effort by each consortium, it simply integrates it with a powerful tool that creates positive synergies with already existing communication efforts, increasing the potential of media exposure.
The main idea of PRESSENSAVE is to fill a gap of communication capabilities by the consortia running "Energy Savers" projects for a correct and truly "visible" dissemination of the results achieved.
Interested in participating to our project? Click here